Monday, June 7, 2010

Heather's Wedding

Saturday was Heather's wedding. Heather is the daughter of my best friend, Tammy and her husband, Peyton. She is a beautiful young lady that I have had the pleasure of watching grow up. I was at the hospital when Heather was born and I heard her first cry. I made the baby shower cake for her mom, and I made her 1st birthday cake, 16th birthday cake and a few in between. I also had the privilege of making her wedding cake. I admit to being a bit fearful, okay, a lot fearful, of making her wedding cake, but it turned out great! I have some wonderful, cake-decorating friends who gave me tips and advice and it all came together!

The wedding was beautiful, although it was very hot! (in the 90's with no air-conditioning in the reception hall). The wedding was outside and it was gorgeous! Here are a few pictures from the wedding:


Tammy and I have been best friends for 28 years!

This is Heather walking down the aisle with her daddy, Peyton.

This was a funny moment when Drew's best man wiped the sweat from his face.

This is a picture that Beth took of the cake. I was very happy with how it turned out!

Cherry Blossoms (the cake was French Vanilla with Buttercream frosting)

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."