Friday, August 1, 2008

Fireproof Review

In an earlier post, I mentioned the movie Fireproof. This is a new movie opening in theaters September 26th. If you've seen the movie Flywheel and/or the movie Facing the Giants it's made by the same people...Sherwood Baptist Church.

My friend, Pam, from Georgia went to the screening of Fireproof. I felt certain it would be a good movie, but it was exciting to hear her opinion of it. I thought I'd share a bit of her email here:

"Last night I screened the movie Fireproof, written and produced by the Kendrick brothers from Sherwood Baptist Church, who also did Fly Wheel and Facing the Giants. Fireproof was FANTASTIC. If you liked Facing the Giants, you won’t be disappointed. I couldn’t stop talking about it when I got home and am ready to see it again. I would encourage all of you to go see Fireproof. This movie is about marriage but also so much more. This movie will challenge you not only to take a look at your marriage but also how you are living your life. This movie will make you laugh one minute and cry the next. It portrays true struggles of a marriage and gives answers that we all at times are searching for. Please be in prayer for this movie and that people will be opened to seeing it. I believe God will use this movie in a mighty way. So many can be reached through this movie – the website for the movie is http://www.fireproofthemovie.com/.

Please take time to visit the website and view the trailer. (Also a girl from the 80s, Kirk Cameron is in it and his acting is at its best!) Please be in prayer for the opening weekend of this movie because it will determine how long the movie stays in the theaters. Please pray for those who see this movie that their hearts will be opened to receive God’s word. Please pray for Sherwood Baptist as they continue to answer God’s call and are writing their next movie."


So if you get the chance, please head on out to the theater during the opening weekend (September 26) and support their latest movie! I'm sure it will be worth your time and money!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."