Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Review on Fireproof

I truly loved this movie! If you've seen and enjoyed Flywheel and/or Facing the Giants you will not be disappointed in Fireproof! We went to the 10:00 showing tonight (the 7:30 was sold out), and there was a good size crowd there. The movie had my emotions all over the charts. I laughed, cried, got angry, and there was even some suspense in there! Ben said it was "roMANtic!" :o) That too!

I love how Sherwood Films throws in such funny scenes with every day people...I won't give it away, but the mirror scene cracked me up and some other parts as well. The humor pops up throughout the film.

It is rated PG for adult themes (I guess). We took our 10 and 13 year olds to see it and they loved it.

If you are not familiar with Sherwood Films, it is run through a church in Albany, Georgia. Their first film was "Flywheel." It was a good film. You can tell they didn't have as much money in their budget, but it is still well worth watching. "Facing the Giants" is an excellent film about a high school football team and their coach. Their movies use local people for the acting, and for most (if not all) of the behind the scenes positions. This is the first time they've used a "real actor" in one of their movies. Kirk Cameron did an excellent job!

I know it's not showing in every city. If it isn't showing near you, I hope you get the chance to see it on DVD a few months from now! If it's showing in a theater near you, head on out and support this church and their effort to bring quality family movies to us!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I'm glad to hear it was as good as expected! I can't wiat to see it, but it will probably be on DVD unfortunately. I didn't care for Kirk's acting in the Left Behind movie and was hoping it would be better.

I've enjoyed catching up on your blog. What a lovely trip you had! Thinking of you today as I make bread! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie,
Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog. I'm glad that you and your Man got to go and see Fireproof. The church we attended Sunday showed a preview and I cried and cried, especially when the pastor's wife encouraged for everyone to take their "honey" and go and see it.

My oldest daughter just gave me "Facing the Giants" today. I'll have to wait till later to watch it.

Right now my girls and I are in Southeast Louisiana helping out with cleaning up the flooded houses and passing out water, ice and m.r.e.'s to people who lost their homes. We've also been cooking for people from out of state who came to help with the clean up. We're going back home to Alabama on Wednesday, by then it will be 2 weeks that we've been down here.
Talk some more later,
Josephine
www.homeschoolblogger.com/dixiecajuns

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."