Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ouch!

I've been saying that a lot the last few days!

Last week I had a sore neck and shoulders, and then Sunday morning while I was in the shower something happened and I started have extreme pain in my neck. I went on to church and managed to sit through our ABF class and church. All day the pain just kept increasing. It didn't matter if I was sitting still, moving, laying down, it hurt!

Neal took the kids to church Sunday night and I stayed home. Around 8:00 I decided I could not stand it anymore. I gave Neal a call and told him I was going to the ER. My Mom drove me over there and Neal and the kids met us there.

First of all, I hate going to the ER. Unless you're having chest pains or bleeding profusely, you have to sit and wait for a long time. We checked in at 8:32. We sat in the waiting room, I was called back to answer questions and take my BP and temp, we went back to the waiting room, and then I was called back to answer more questions and wait in a back room. Around 10:30 I saw a physician's assistant. She and I both felt like my problem was muscular, but because I had been running a fever and because of my neurological history she wanted to do blood work and a CT scan (along with an x-ray).

She gave me a muscle relaxer around 10:45. It didn't take long for them to do the x-rays, the CT scan, and take my blood. But around 12:30 they came and told me they'd done the wrong CT scan and needed to do it over. She asked me at this time if I'd like something for pain. I said yes right away.

It took a while this time to get the last CT scan, but they finally got it. Around 2:30 we were able to go home with pain killers and muscle relaxers and something for inflammation. We got home around 2:50.

Monday morning I awoke still in pain, but much less. Good thing because at 2:45 I had an appointment to get a tooth pulled. I decided to go ahead and do it since I was in pain anyway. That went okay, but today has been a very groggy, painful day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!

BTW...Neal filled out my paperwork at the hospital and beside the line that asked why I was there he wrote: "Pain in the Neck." Isn't he sweet! ;o)

1 comment:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Good grief! I had such a stiff neck two weeks ago I couldn't move it to the right or the left. It was great trying to drive. Maybe it's a virus going around. I used essentian oils on mine and in two days it was okay. I hope yours is better too. I can really say, "I feel your pain."

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."