Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun, Busy Weekend

Friday morning started off with a homeschool field trip to Layman Farms in Montvale, Virginia. This was the best corn maze I have ever been to! The farm was outstanding, and there was lots to do for preschoolers all the way through adults! We had 82 homeschoolers come out for this field trip! Lots of fun!

Here are Beth and some of her friends.

Here I am with some of my friends! :o)

This is one of the two wagons we filled up with our homeschool group!

Beth and some of her friends on the big tires!

Here's some of the girls getting ready to enter the maze.

Even teenagers have fun playing in the corn!

This is an aerial view of the corn maze. That is the face of Frank Beamer (Va Tech football coach).

Friday night we had Fun For All at our church. FFA is a halloween alternative we have at our church. There's lots of games, those big blow up jumpy things ;o), pony rides, and Bible stories. At the end of the night the kids go home with a bag full of candy. It goes up through 6th grade, so Ben has one more year. Beth worked in the game room and I worked in the preschool bouncy thingy room. (I'm really drawing a blank of what those things are called!) We had fun, but after having the field trip and then FFA that night, I was ready for bed!

Saturday we had Beth's birthday party! Her Birthday's not until the end of November, but we were hoping to have an outside party. It ended up raining though, and we had to have the party indoors anyway! We had it from 1:00 to 6:00, and at 5:00 it was nice enough that they could go outside. Beth posted pictures from her party, so I'll let you go over there and check them out: Beth's Blog.

Yesterday I visited a friend in the hospital, went to church, went home and finished reading "The Rapture," took a nap, went back to church, went to Walmart, visited Neal's grandpa, went home and ate a late supper, went to bed. Tossed and turned all night, and then started the day all over again. :o)

Now I'm looking foward to a quiet evening at home.

4 comments:

JoaquĆ­n DC said...

Hi, I'd like to sign my blog, is for a school project and you will be doing me a favour.You can say anything you want.
Thank you.
http://hablandodederechos.blogspot.com/

Weltha said...

Hello Queen Bee!

I'm Linden from the Midwest--but I lived in Virginia for years, in Staunton. And I'm a Christian trying her hardest to put Jesus first. Please visit my blog--and I sure am going to return to yours!

Linden

Nancy said...

Wow! You are really a busy mom. They say it keeps us young. My boys are 20 and 18 now so I am past all the busy stuff. Although they are still at home. And lets just say they are taken care of (my me).

Our church has a night for our kids called Hallelujah Night. We always went when the guys were little. We go to Church on the Move in Tulsa.

Theresa said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Wow, Neal is blessed to have a living Grandparent!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."