Saturday, October 18, 2008

Those Yummy Cookies I Talked About



Okay, so here are those yummy chocolate cookies I told you about. And the best thing is they are SO easy!

Here's what you need:

1 cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Devils Food)
2 eggs
1 stick butter softened
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together in bowl. It's a very dry mixture, so I added just a little bit of oil to help mix it together. Apple sauce would have been a good alternative. I used a small cookie scoop -- probably about a tablespoon -- and placed on ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake about 10 minutes. They will have a glossy look to them, but they will settle down and harden. These are a soft, moist cookie!

This will be a fun recipe to play around with...different flavors of cake mix and different additions like M&Ms, different flavored chips, etc.

If you make these let me know how you like them!

1 comment:

Beth said...

you're right! those cookies were yummy! mmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! thanks for making them! =)

~mousetrap

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."