Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Anniversary Celebration

Well, Neal did a great job of planning our day on Saturday. He arranged for his parents to take the kids after Ben's basketball game (which they won!).

Neal had told me he had four things planned for the day. The only thing I knew was that he told me to wear my sweats to Ben's game. I figured out that we were going walking, but I didn't know where. He took me to a local walking trail called Blackwater Creek. It's really nice and the day was cold, but sunny. After we'd walked a half-mile or so, we started warming up. We walked a total of 3 miles. Then we went home, ate some leftovers for lunch, and then changed clothes. We headed out and he took me to a play at a high school in the next town over. They were performing "Beauty and the Beast." It was so good! The high school had borrowed the sets and some of the costumes, etc, from an off-broadway production in NYC. They were awesome! After the play Neal took me to a new restaurant in town. It is always busy and they do not take reservations, so we had about a 30 minute wait. It wasn't bad, and the food was definitely worth the wait. We had Greek Pizza and Crunchy Thai Salad (can't remember if that's the correct name or not). The food was really, really good. Finally he took me to Olive Garden for dessert. We had Tiramisu which is one of my new favorite desserts. Olive Garden was busy, so we found two seats at the bar and the bartender told us we could order our dessert and coffee there. The line was about an hour long, so I'm glad Neal did that!

Anyway, we had a fabulous day, and it meant so much to me that Neal took the time to plan such an awesome day. Don't I have a wonderful husband?!!!

I love you, Neal!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."