Friday, February 27, 2009

All Fired Up!

Last night I got together with several of my homeschooling friends for a mom's night out. We met at a local ceramics shop called "All Fired Up." On the last Thursday of the month they have a ladies night and all the pottery is 10% off. We had so much fun.

At first it was a bit overwhelming trying to decide which piece of pottery to choose. I didn't want something knick-knacky to sit around and collect dust (it sounds like I've been spending lots of time with Neal, doesn't it?), so I ended up choosing a small pitcher that I want to use as a vase in my kitchen. I'm planning on painting my kitchen soon in shades of red and mustard. I bought some cool salt and pepper shakers last summer...one is shaped like a red pepper and the other like a yellow pepper. I loved the color combination and decided I wanted to redo the kitchen in those colors.

With the pitcher I painted the inside yellow and the outside red. I painted some yellow flowers and dots on the outside (not too many, just enough to make a pretty design), and on the inside lip of the pitcher (where it is yellow) I painted some red dots to tie it together. I can't wait to see it glazed and fired! I hope I covered it well!

Yesterday was a beautiful day here, and I actually wore short sleeves last night and didn't even need my jacket when I left at 9:30. Today and the days ahead will be a different story!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."