Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Catching Up

Wow, I sure haven't posted much lately, have I? I should never have joined Facebook...it's addicting. I'm trying to break that though, and actually spend less time on the computer.

So, what's going on around here? Today we're doing school and staying at home. I have some laundry to catch up on and some housework to do, and that's about it. Nice!

This past weekend we had planned on going to visit some friends in SC. We made these plans several months ago, and were going with another family that lives near us. We were to leave at noon on Friday and return Sunday. Neal was in Georgia on business, so he was going to meet us there. Friday morning my mom called me and I could tell she was upset. She said her sister (who is 89 and had been in the hospital for a week and had had surgery earlier in the week on Tuesday) was going to have to have surgery again and she was going to drive to Kentucky to be with her. I hung up the phone with her, but didn't feel comfortable with her driving there by herself. She's done it before, but it was well thought out and she drove early on Sunday morning when the traffic wouldn't be bad...and she wasn't upset at that time. I called Neal and told him I felt like I should go with her. So we worked it out where the kids rode to SC with our friends, and Neal met them there. I drove Mom to KY and we spent the weekend at the hospital and at another aunt's house. My aunt is recovering well from her surgery. We ended up having a really nice visit with family, and I always enjoy that!

Neal and the kids had fun in SC visiting with our friends. They did fun stuff like eating tons of ice cream late at night, playing follow the leader ... outside ... after dark ... jumping over bushes and walking around fountains ... you know -- stuff they don't do with Mommy. :o) On Saturday they all went to Charlotte, NC to visit the Billy Graham museum. They enjoyed it, and Ben took lots of pictures for me.

We all returned home within an hour of each other on Sunday night. Everything turned out fine! :o)

Last night we watched the movie "The Ultimate Gift." The kids and I actually watched it last week while Daddy was out of town, but we wanted him to see it last night. I cried harder last night than I did last time we watched it!

We've recovered from our trip and illnesses. Beth does have a fever this morning, and I don't know what that's about. Hopefully it will not amount to anything!

I guess that's it for now. Nothing much going on right now...which is just fine with me!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."