Friday, June 15, 2007

Going to the Wild

Tomorrow we leave for our three day camping trip. Yaah! I cooked all day (I'll post more about that next week). But, I should have enough prep work done that I can kick back and relax this weekend.

I'm taking some magazines with me, maybe my crocheting, and my bicycle. No swim suit this trip. Today's high where we are going was 59 degrees! I think it will be a little warmer this weekend, but I do not forsee the lake warming up enough between now and Saturday for me to get in it!

Neal and I had an accomplishment this morning. We have been walking each morning around 6:30ish with our dog Susie (some mornings Susie walks us).
Each day we walk a little further and a little further. Our goal was to reach the end of our road which is a big hill. The hill goes down to a busier road. Well, this morning we made it! (I think it's a mile to the end of our street) Then we had to turn around and come back! Yikes! LOL It's a pretty steep hill, and we were a little out of breath, but at least we could continue talking the entire walk up. We walked it in 30 minutes. Now we'll have to see if we can shorten our time. Yaah for us!

Oh, the kids made Neal the coolest Father's Day gift. But I'm going to have to leave you hanging on this one until we get back. I'll be sure to take a picture of it on Sunday and blog about it.

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."