Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Home School Conference

Tomorrow's the day! Three of my friends and I are taking off for three days in our state's capital. :o) The home school conference officially starts Friday morning, but the exhibit hall will be open tomorrow night. We're going to meet at 12:30 tomorrow and leave for our 2 hour trip to Richmond. We'll stop and eat somewhere along the way and then go to the hotel and get our room. Later we'll go over to the exhibit hall and peruse all the wonderful books and curricula. I am so excited! We'll go to workshops all day Friday and most of the day Saturday, and return late Saturday evening.

Today was spent getting ready. I had lots of laundry to get done, and I needed to get meals prepared for my family while I'm away, so I made a big pot of beef vegetable soup, I baked some Italian chicken, and I made Amish Meat Loaf (at least that's what the recipe said it was). We had the meatloaf tonight and Neal loved it. It's different from any I've ever made before. You make the meat loaf and put it in a loaf pan and refrigerate it overnight (I didn't get it done last night so I only refrigerated it for 2 hours). Then you take it out and slice it, dip it in flour, and then brown both sides. Then you place it in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray and top it with a mixture of one can of cream of mushroom soup and 1/3 (I think) cup of steak sauce mixed together. You bake it covered at 250 degrees for 2 hours. The meatloaf itself had crushed crackers, onions, milk, salt, and pepper in it. I also added some steak sauce to the meatloaf for flavor. Ben and I thought it was "okay", Neal and Beth loved it. It is a bit tangy, so if you like tangy you may like this meatloaf! :o)

Tonight we had Fun Summer Club at church. I'm really having lots of fun with that. I'll probably do it again next year.

We're taking my van tomorrow, so I needed to vacuum it out. I had the "brilliant" idea to pay Beth to do it, and it really was brilliant! She did a fantastic job. She not only vacuumed, but she also took out the spot cleaner and scrubbed the dirty spots out of my carpet. Our van is 9 years old and it definitely has some dirty spots in it, but she made it look great. I had told her I'd pay her $5 for vacuuming, but since she did all that I gave her $10. She seemed happy...I know I was!

I'll fill you all in on my conference when I get back! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having fun at the conference! Going with friends sounds like a great idea-- too bad our conferences are so close to home. Good for the old pocketbook but makes for a sorry excuse for a girls weekend, huh?

Safe travels, my friend. Don't spend too much money now, okay?

Marsha

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."