Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Great Kids' Band

When we lived in Georgia, Neal worked with a guy named Danny. Danny was in a children's band called The Sunny-Side Up Band. Beth was about two the first time we heard them, and she fell in love with music. I can remember going to a local festival and hearing them live. Beth got out in front of the stage and danced. She had a blast! We've purchased all of their cd's and still enjoy listening to them.

I thought of them tonight when I was looking at my friend Perri's blog. She has a short video on there of her granddaughter, Sophie, dancing to some music. It reminded me of Beth.

If you have young kids, check out the Sunny-Side Up Band's website and listen to some samples of their music. There's even a video of one of their newer songs. You can see Neal's coworker, Danny, playing the guitar.

My favorite cd is still the first one they made -- "Walk Tall and Sing a Sweet Song." I think it's most appealing to toddlers and preschoolers. You can hear bits of every song on their website though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey gal! Good to see you! Sorry I didn't see your comment on my page until now. Can't believe how long it's been since I wrote on HSB. I think it was back in April.
Come read my blog and you'll get filled in on some of what's happening in the 'hollow', and believe me, some BIG news (no, I'm not pregnant) lol. Maybe I'll joing blogspot soon as it seems like everyone is coming over this way. My email is Millerbobbi@bellsouth.net if you'd like to give me a holler. I'd love to hear from you! God bless!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."