Tuesday, July 10, 2007

How do you like my new picture slide show at the top of the page? I think it looks pretty cool. All of the flowers in the pictures are from my Mom's flowerbeds. My home looks so beautiful outside due to her green thumb! Thanks Mom!

I bought that popsicle maker at a yard sale on Saturday from Neal's cousin. Best dollar I ever spent! The kids love it. We're experimenting with different popsicles. So far we've had yogurt and strawberry, chocolate (using chocolate soy milk), and right now we have orange dreamsicle. Yum!

We camped out here at the house this past weekend. We had my friend's son and daughter for the weekend, and had lots of fun with them. We had a yard sale on Saturday and then went swimming that evening. Sunday we stayed home in the morning and had a campfire, and I did some baking while the kids played and Neal and Beth cleaned up the campsite. Sunday night we went to church and met the kids' mom afterward.

Tomorrow Mom, the kids, and I are going to go to some orchards in a neighboring county. I'm going to buy some peaches and check out their honey. It looks like we lucked out on getting more blueberries. Neal and all four kids drove an hour away Saturday morning to pick blueberries, they got there around 9:00 and the orchard was picked out. They said there were people there before 6:00 that morning! They were selling them so cheaply that people were picking and reselling. I never thought I'd say this, but I hope they start charging more so that people can't take advantage of them.

Update on my friend who lost her husband and son: I thought the driver of the other vehicle was killed, but I was wrong. He was drunk! And, of course, he survived. However, he is being charged with two counts of murder. In the state of Alabama, if you drive drunk and kill someone, you get charged with murder. Too bad it's not that way in every state! Please keep praying for Rachel and Tabitha!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."