Monday, July 30, 2007

Happenings

First, I'll mention a blog for you to check out (and please leave a message). My daughter, Beth, has started a new blog. You can check it out at www.homeschoolblogger.com/catcrazee/. She'd love to get some feedback!

Second, in regard to the little girl who cut off her finger at our church...the doctor did reattach her finger, but we're waiting to see if her body will accept it. Hopefully I can find something out this Wednesday night.

Canning update: As of today, we've canned 49 quarts of green beans and 50 pints of salsa. The kids and I picked tomatoes again this morning and we almost have enough for a couple more cannings of salsa. We've had lots of squash, too. I don't can it, we only eat it fresh and give it away. We have several spaghetti squash growing out there. We're very excited about that. I like spaghetti squash better than spaghetti! We've had lots of green peppers, too. The timing has been better this year. We've been trying to get our tomatoes and peppers to ripen at the same time. We've only had a few cucumbers, unfortunately. :o(

We're still enjoying all the homemade bread. I made two loaves today and we had BLT's for supper tonight. Yummy!

This week I'm spending time getting ready for our new school year. Lots of stuff to go through and organize! It should be an exciting year though.

At church yesterday, we had our pastor's brother, Dr. Woodrow Kroll from Back to the Bible radio program come and speak. He is such a good preacher, and I thoroughly enjoyed his message.

It was cloudy here today, so we didn't go to the pool. It's supposed to be sunny the next few days, so we'll hit the pool again. :o)

Book I just finished: Sunrise by Karen Kingsbury. Her latest book about the Baxter family. She is such an excellent author...the stories just pull me in!

I guess that's it for now. Neal will be finished with the grass in a few minutes, and we're going to play Uno Stacko with the kids. Have a great night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading about all your canning and gardening work is making me tired. You sure have a lot more energy than I do.

Sara

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."