Saturday, August 4, 2007

No Tax Weekend

For the second year in a row, we've had a "no tax weekend" here in Virginia. It's, of course, only on certain items such as school supplies and clothes, but hey...I'll take what I can get! Ben needed some clothes and shoes, so today was the perfect day to get them. We found him two pairs of casual dress pants at KMart and a pair of shorts there. I got him a pair of cargo pants at Old Navy. I love Old Navy when they have sales! His pants were regularly over $20 and I got them for $8.59! Beth and I picked up a couple of pairs of flip flops -- 2 for $5.00. I'm not a big "flip-flops" fan, but I needed a pair for camping and slipping on to go outside. After Old Navy, we went to Walmart, and I found Ben a pair of penny loafers for church and a new pair of tennis shoes. I really like the Shaq brand. That's what he had last year and we found him another style this year. They were on sale as well. I got them for $13 instead of $20. Not too bad.

Tonight we canned 30 more pints of salsa. That puts us at 80 pints! Our goal is 90. I think this is the best batch yet. Neal and I made it last night and then canned it today. Yummy!

We went to our friend's graduation party today. The name tags were cute. They were big band-aids that said: My friend is a doctor (for friends), My Mom is a Doctor (for her kids), My Wife is a Doctor, My Sister is a Doctor, you get the picture. Very cute!

Well, I'd better get to bed. I still need to do my reading for Sunday School. Not a good time to try to read something and retain it!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."