Saturday, December 1, 2007

Late Thanksgiving Post


I just downloaded the pictures from my camera and came across this picture of my Cranberry Supreme Salad. It was the first salad I'd made in a gelatin mold. Not difficult, just a little time consuming. I'm not a big gelatin salad fan either, but for some reason I was in the mood to try one. Several people said they liked it though. :o)

1 3 oz pkg raspberry-flavored gelatin (I used sugar-free)
2 cups boiling water, divided
1 16 oz can whole-berry cranberry sauce
1 3 oz pkg lemon-flavored gelatin (again sugar-free)
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat)
1/3 cup mayo (reduced fat)
1 8 1/2 oz can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup whipping cream (I used 1 cup of Cool Whip)
1 cup miniature marshmallows (I used, uh, well, miniature marshmallows ;o)

Dissolve raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; stir in cranberry sauce. Pour into an oiled 1-1/2 qt round mold. Chill until partially set. Dissolve lemon gelatin in remaining boiling water; set aside. Beat cream cheese and mayo; gradually add lemon gelatin. Stir in pineapple. Chill until partially set. Whip cream; fold into the lemon mixture. Add marshmallows. Spread on top of the cranberry layer. Chill until set. Yield: 12 servings.

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."