Saturday, February 2, 2008

Post "D" Day

Headaches and nausea raged on Friday. I started the new meds Thursday night, so I really didn't expect anything too soon anyway. Around 3:00 Friday afternoon it was like somebody flipped a switch and my nausea was gone. Wow, it's amazing how different I felt. Still had a headache, but life was manageable again! Yaah! I grabbed a shower and felt even better. :o) I even played Mario Galaxy with the kids Friday night. I'm not much on playing video games (other than the Wii sports), but they enjoyed seeing me play. I guess I actually did really well, but I don't know why because I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing!

Neal had a business trip in Georgia and arrived back home at midnight last night. We were all asleep in bed when he got home. That's the first time in 17 years that I haven't been up to greet him when he got home from a business trip. I was wiped out though for some reason, but I did rouse enough to say "welcome home." Such a good wifey!

Rise and shine at 7:00 this morning. Woke up without a headache!!!

Ben had a double header today. First game at 9:00 went into double overtime. They were tied 16 to 16 and ended up losing 16 to 20. Second game at 11:00 they won 18 to 14! WooHoo!!! This was their first win. We were so excited for them. After the game, Grandpa and Grandma took us out for a pizza buffet. We had lots of fun spending time with them!

Heachache came back about 11:00, but it hasn't been unbearable today. Little bit of nausea, but not too bad.

This afternoon Neal and I took a nap. How lazy was that?!!! I think we both needed it though.

Beth took out her starter earrings today. I thought she was going to pass out. Seriously! She got real nauseaus and had to lay down. This happened to her the first time she got her ears pierced 3 years ago. That's one of the reasons we let them grow back. She couldn't handle it. I hope she starts doing better with them!

Ben got to take his first batch of rocks out of his rock tumbler today. They look really pretty. They started tumbling on Christmas day. They're not quite as shiny as we'd hoped for, but it's the first time they've ever done this. He's really excited!

I spent a couple of hours down at Mom's house earlier. She's doing well. Hopefully we'll get to work on the quilt next week....finish it up.

Now Neal and the kids are playing on the Wii. Neal and I had an activity with our Sunday school class tonight, but due to my headache and his being worn out from travel we opted to stay home with the kids.

Guess I'll go see what wii can do now!


Perri said...

I hope the medicine gets these headaches under control quickly.

Our basketball season is about over, especially with the kids going to Florida.

Theresa said...

You were probably wiped out from the headaches. Sometimes with my migraines I feel like I have to just lie down and go to sleep and I have no choice in the matter! LOL The rock tumbling sounds cool. My Aunt used to do that. I grew up looking for agates at the ocean and still enjoy it but have never tumbled.

Marsha said...

Glad that you're feeling better! At least better than before.

Wii really like to play together too. I don't do many video games since I really don't have the time. Blog or Game? Uhhh... I'll take blog, thankyouverymuch!

I'll have to try the rock tumbling-- sounds fun!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."