Thursday, January 31, 2008

D, D, D, D, D, D, and D

Doctor: That's where I went this morning. Seems as though my migraines are acting up. Nothing too serious, but if you've ever had migraines you know what an, ahem...pain they are. I'll try out Topamax and see if it helps.

Diet: That's what I have to go on...seriously. I know, I know, I've been on one my whole life...or so it seems, but I have to get serious again. It really makes me sick when I think of where I was 2 years ago weight-wise, and where I am today. The doctor told me not to be too hard on myself, but I can't help it. It's SO aggravating!!!

Deli: Otherwise known as Subway. That's where I took the kids for lunch today. We had an hour to kill in between the doctor and piano lessons, so I got a 6 inch chicken/bacon ranch...left off the ranch and got mustard. See, that was pretty good, wasn't it? Afterward though I realized I should have left off the bacon too, but one step at a time. I also got baked Lays and a diet coke.

Dollar Theater: I took the kids to the movies after piano. It was a spur of the moment decision. I was driving by the exit to the theater and my steering wheel started turning on its own...seriously! Well, maybe not, but it seemed like it. Next thing I know I'm standing in line saying "three tickets for The Bee Movie, please." How can the Queen Bee not go see the Bee Movie! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It was very cute! My kids rolled their eyes at the millions of years parts, but other than that it was super! I loved the colors and the animation. Lots of recognizable voices, too. Maybe I could count it as a field trip since it taught about pollination. Whatcha think?

Dog and Diarrhea: I know...YUCK! But first I have to say what a good dog we have! Bless her heart, she was inside the house for about 5 1/2 hours. Ben walked her as soon as he got home, and said she went "P" and "Poop." Not ten minutes later she's begging me to go back out. I told Ben to walk her again and he comes in and says "she's got diarrhea...bad!" She went again 30 minutes later. Poor lady! She must have been in misery waiting for us to get home!

Done! I'm done with this post, and I'm going to make me some popcorn for supper. Does that sound dietish? Maybe I'll throw in a salad, too. ;o)

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, it really was a D Day! Hope the puppy is feeling better. I'm curious to see how the Topamax works and I'll cheer you on in the dieting!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

At least the doggie doo doo was done in the yard! Ack!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

What a wonderful doggie to wait for you!

I can relate to all those D's, well, except for the first one, and I'm sorry about your migraines. My mother-in-law had them and so you get a big chunk of sympathy from me. Also haven't seen the movie yet so I guess I don't relate well at all. Shucks. Wow, and I haven't said, "shucks" for ages. It sounds too much like a word the teens use now that I don't like so maybe I won't use it again. Aren't you glad to know all this drivel?

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."