Saturday, May 31, 2008

Celebrate!!

Thursday night we had a Celebration supper! Neal took his last dose of Coumadin (blood thinner) on Wednesday, and he wanted all the greens he could get! Fortunately there are lots of good veggies in our garden right now, so celebrate we did!

We had Ribeye steak, grilled asparagus and snow peas, steamed broccoli, and spinach-strawberry salad! (the asparagus, peas, broccoli, spinach and strawberries are from our garden!)


Here's a group picture. From the look on Neal's face, I interpret him to be thinking, "Why did you have to start a blog??? Can I have a meal without pictures?!" LOL


Strawberry Shortcake!


Neal has one more week at home before he goes back to work part-time. I believe he's ready health-wise, but I am going to miss him terribly! I guess that's a good thing...

His BP is coming down! Yaah! This morning the top number was only 129...bottom is still a little high, but the doctor was more concerned with the top.

For those of you who have just recently started coming to my blog, my husband Neal had open heart surgery on April 9th. He had to have his ascending aorta replaced due to it being enlarged, and while they were in there they replaced his defective aortic valve. We feel very blessed that his aneurysm was caught before it ruptured! Two days after he was discharged from the hospital, his BP and pulse dropped dangerously low, and they had to put in a pacemaker. He's doing well now, and is getting stronger every day!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, what a feast! :o) Isn't it satisfying to have food from your own garden?! I'm glad Neal is all done with the coumadin! yeah! I will be praying about the transition back to work!

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

You mean you have been through all of that with Neal AND you still planted and maintained a garden?! WOW. I am SO impressed!!! All that food looks super dee duper delicious too! Mmmm...

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."