Friday, May 9, 2008

What We're Up To...

Still not a lot going on around here...thus the lack of posts!

Let's see...what have we done this week ... or not done, as the case may be.

1. We didn't go back to church after the luncheon on Monday. Neal was just SO wiped out that we decided it would be too much to go to any more of the mission's conference services or luncheons. We were all disappointed, but we have to take care of Neal right now. :o)

2. I had to put the belt on the mower again yesterday. I don't remember if I mentioned it before or not, but I had to do this the week Neal got out of the hospital. The belt comes off track on our riding mower pretty easily, and it's a big pain to put back on. When Beth went to mow yesterday afternoon, she found out the belt was off again. I wasn't thrilled (to say the least). After 5 to 10 minutes (or in my mind hours) I was able to get it back on. Yaah!

3. Beth had piano yesterday, so Neal and I took a walk through Sams and Walmart. We decided exercise yesterday would be productive, so we got some shopping done. He didn't seem to get quite as tired yesterday, so it looks like he's heading in the right directions.

4. We all had haircuts this week. Wednesday Beth, Mom and I all went and got our hair cut. Neal's cousin's wife has a shop in her basement, and she lives about a 1/4 of a mile from our house. It's so nice! Yesterday morning I gave Neal and Ben haircuts.

5. This morning Neal and I are going to go on an errand, but I won't talk about it yet. We'll wait and make sure it goes through. ;o)

6. We haven't watched any movies this week, but we did watch Glenn Beck interview James Dobson last night. We also enjoyed his interview last Friday with Ben Stein.

7. Neal has taken over my role of Beth's math teacher (YAHOO!!!). She's seeing great improvement, and it's helped me tremendously...both mentally and time-wise.

8. Mom and I planted some canteloupe seed in our garden on Wednesday (I think). I love canteloupe and so does Mom.

I guess that's about it. We've just been doing normal, everyday stuff. Neal's learning my life here at home...what I do while he's away. I think it's good for all of us. I'm definitely getting spoiled having him home all the time. Too bad he has to go back to work!!!

1 comment:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

The blessings truly are in the everyday, aren't they? Especially with Neal by your side!

What a blessing to be well enough to go back to work!

Have a HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, my friend!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."