Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Doctor's Visit

Neal had a visit with his cardiologist today. For the most part, everything went well. He did have to increase Neal's blood pressure medicine. It's running a little high, and due to his stitches and new parts, they want it much lower. Other than that, everything looked good and he doesn't have to go back for another three months!

On May 28th Neal finishes taking his blood thinner, Coumadin. He is so looking forward to that day! I told him we'd celebrate with a grilled steak and a BIG spinach salad! :o) It will also be nice not to have to have his blood checked every week.

We're waiting to hear if his insurance will cover cardiac rehab. If it does, he'll probably start that next week. That will include working out in a "gym" type setting, but his heart will be monitored. I hope insurance does cover it, so that we can have a peace of mind about him working out.

Tonight Beth made dinner for us, and Neal's sister, Jessica came over and ate with us. She's in from Blacksburg for a few days and we had a nice visit with her! She stayed until 2:00 (am), so I'm winding down and getting ready for bed now. Neal went to bed a little after 1:00. He hasn't stayed up that late since his surgery, so he was pretty sleepy! It was great visiting with Jessica though...I wish we could do it more often!

Tomorrow I think we'll sleep in...and then do school work and go to church tomorrow night. Ben has his AWANA awards program!

Have a great Wednesday, y'all!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope your husband continues to do well.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."