Friday, December 19, 2008

Colonial Williamsburg

Two weeks ago today, my Mom and I went to Williamsburg, VA. We did this last year and had so much fun that we decided to do it again! We left Friday morning and arrived in Colonial Williamsburg three hours later. All of these pictures were taken there. I took a ton of pictures, but these were the ones I thought I'd share.

This was one of our first stops. It was a little garden and a place where the workers made wreaths, table toppers, etc. This cute little fireplace was by the entrance and we warmed up before we headed on down the street.

This is a view of one side of the street. I love these houses and how they decorate at Christmastime.

Here's a shop where a couple of the "Colonial people" were outside. You can see the firewood stacked up...now just imagine the smell of wood smoke and you'll know what we were smelling.

Here are some of the decorations.

A Colonial Woman staying warm.

There were several horse and buggies traveling along the streets.

Another "Colonial Woman" walking across a lawn.

Do you see the apple in the wall? There were recessed areas about every 1 1/2 feet on this house. They alternated red and green apples along the front of the house.


The Governor's Mansion

I love this candle holder. Maybe I should try this with one of Neal's Granny Smith apples!

Another decorated door.

Mom and I had lots of fun looking at the decorations and going in the shops. After we finished here, we went shopping and out to dinner. We ate at a nice steak house, which was unfortunately too expensive! We didn't want to walk out, so we ordered the cheapest thing on the menu. My meal ended up being better than Mom's, but we wished we had chosen a different restaurant! Live and learn!

On Saturday we spent the day at the outlet stores. That was lots of fun! I did a bit of Christmas shopping and Mom bought me a new purse from Aigner for Christmas.

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."