Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's the last day of 2008! Where has the year gone? There are so many things I'm thankful for this year:

1. First of all, I'm thankful for salvation through Jesus Christ and my personal relationship with Him! My life would mean nothing if not for my hope I have in Jesus!

2. I'm thankful for good health...both for me and my family.

3. I'm thankful for modern medicine! Neal is a walking miracle right now!

4. I'm thankful for friends. I am blessed with many friends...some old, some new.

5. I'm thankful for my brothers! Even though we live far away, we're just a phone call away or a thought away. Even though they are much older than me (LOL) we always have lots to talk about! I always thought I wanted a sister, but I wouldn't trade my two brothers for anything in the world!

6. I'm thankful for my church! We are so blessed to be involved in a good church. Our church family was so instrumental in ministering to us during Neal's surgery and aftermath. What a blessing it is to be involved in a good church!

7. I'm thankful for my on-line friends. I've met many people "online" and a few of those are now "in real life" friends. Thank you for your friendship!

There are so many things I'm thankful for this year, and those are just a few.

This morning I went to breakfast with my best friend, Tammy. She and I have been best friends since 1982! We went to high school together in Ohio and then moved here together to go to college. We met local boys and got married, and now live about 3 miles apart. What a blessing!

Last night we got together with our good friends Bill and Colleen (and their girls). We've known Bill and Colleen for over 20 years. Our friendship has been very sweet through the years. We both have two children, and we were both pregnant at the same time -- twice! Thank God for old friends!

Tonight we are gathering with our friends the Gordons. We met the Gordons a little over four years ago. We quickly became friends and camping buddies! We have homeschooling in common and lots of other things. Even though we've only known each other for a relatively short time, we feel very close to them and are deeply thankful for their friendship! Thank God for new friends!

I pray that all who read this will be blessed with a happy and healthy 2009! Happiness does not always have the same face...sometimes it's obvious and sometimes we have to dig deeper to find it. True happiness can only be found through a personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray that if you do not know Him personally, that 2009 will be the year that you make that decision! If you want to know more about how to receive Christ as your Savior, click here.

Happy New Year!

Teresa

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."