Saturday, January 15, 2011

Peanut Butter!

I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER!

I stood in the aisle at the market on Thursday looking for the best peanut butter. I knew Reduced Fat must have the lowest points, so that's what I looked at. I ended up buying Jif Reduced Fat. Today I decided I wanted two rice cakes with a thin spread of peanut butter on them. I got out the Jif and figured out the points again (I hadn't written them on the jar yet). There were 5 points for 2 Tbsp. I looked at the regular peanut butter next to it and figured it out (it was Kroger brand). There were 5 points for 2 Tbsp...the same as the reduced fat! Since they took out the fat, they added more sugar which doubled the carb count! I also had Peter Pan Whipped in my cupboard, so I check that and guess what? It has 4 points for 2 Tbsp! I also didn't need to use even a Tablespoon for my rice cakes because it spreads so easily! This is what I'll be buying from now on. Bye, Bye Reduced Fat Jif!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."