Monday, January 24, 2011

Weigh In Day #2

Today was my second weigh in at Weight Watchers and I was very happy with my weight loss. I lost 3.6 lbs this week for a two week total of 9.8 lbs! Next week I should reach my 5% weight loss goal.

Making menus for our suppers and having plenty of options for breakfast and lunch help me a lot! I don't like to be bored with my food...I need variety. Some of my favorite breakfasts are:

1 fried egg, 1 slice of turkey bacon and mustard on a toasted lite multi grain English muffin

1 cup oatmeal with about a teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter and half a banana (and milk)

Multi Grain Cheerios

Bagel with a thin spread of whipped peanut butter

fruit smoothie

Some favorite lunches are:

Whole Wheat tortilla with 2 oz of chicken or turkey, mustard and romaine lettuce and a sliced apple

Sandwich (same as tortilla only use my whole wheat sandwich rolls)

Salad

Soup

Leftovers

Some favorite snacks are:

Apple

Banana

Plain Greek yogurt with a bit of sweetener, a tablespoon of Grape Nuts and a few mini chocolate chips

Quaker makes some mini rice cakes in various flavors (I separate them into serving size and put them in little zip lock baggies)

Two Rice cakes with a small spread of whipped peanut butter

Suppers vary: soups, grilled meat, baked fish, lots of veggies!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."