Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Almost Summer!

Tonight starts Fun Summer Club at our church. It is for K5 through 5th grade. I'm going to help out with the 1st and 2nd graders and Neal is helping with 3rd-5th grade. Instead of doing Bible school one week a summer, we spread it out all summer long. Each Wednesday night they have crafts, games, and a missionary story. My group will start out in crafts, then move to the missionary room, and then to the game room. Tonight Beth and I are in charge of the games for the 1st and 2nd grade girls. I am so clueless in this area, but I figure with Beth helping me I'll do okay.

Tomorrow my Mom, the kids, and I leave for Lancaster, PA. We'll be touring the Amish areas...going to craft stores, farms, etc. I'm planning on looking at some of the covered bridges in the area and taking pictures. We'll also be going on a steam train ride. The kids (and Mom and I) are very excited about that. I'm sure we'll visit at least one smorgasbord or family style restaurant.

Last night my mother-in-law took me out to dinner for my birthday. We went to Applebee's. We had a very nice visit. We don't often get to visit alone, so it was nice to have uninterrupted conversation! I am blessed with a very good mother-in-law.

This afternoon I'll be packing for the trip, so I'd better get off of here! I'll check back in next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! It is such a blessing to have a loving m-i-l that you actually enjoy being around. I am blessed with one as well. :-)

Amish country. *sigh* That sounds relaxing and lovely... Hmmm...I would love to do a trip like that with my in-law's. What gets me is why my husband totally and completely would not really enjoy that trip at all!

Have a great time and a fantastic weekend!
Marsha

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."