Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My 41st Birthday...

In Pictures...

My birthday dinner consisted of yummy Ribeye Steak,
(And no that is not my plate of steak)

Grilled Zucchini and Squash, and spinach salad

We ate out on our deck. That's my Mom beside me.

I wasn't allowed to do anything all day, so this is what I did while everyone else was in the kitchen getting my cake ready.

Beth made me a beautiful cake. It was butter-pecan with coconut and pecan frosting. She wrote Happy Birthday Mommy on it. There were so many candles that....
everyone had to wear sunglasses.
Neal had to wear them while lighting the candles. I wonder whose idea that was!!!

Here I am preparing myself mentally to blow out all those candles.

Here I goooooo......

I did it!!!! WooHoo...but due to my age I forgot to make a wish. Ben wanted me to light the candles again so I could make a wish, but I didn't have enough breath left to do it all over again!

After we had our cake and ice cream, they told me I had to go to the Living Room. There they presented me with my very own "Queen Bee" sleeping bag!

It's yellow and black...zips up the middle...and has memory foam on the bottom! Ahhhh......

3 comments:

Perri said...

What great pictures. I felt like (and was wishing) I was there. I loved the picture of you "waiting" on your delicious dinner. You could have used your memory foam bag then!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Man oh man, that is a lot of smoke in that picture! ;-)

MEMORY FOAM? Are you kidding? I have to get me one of those...

Dancing Boys Mom said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I love that sleeping bag. I'll have to look into that.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."