Monday, May 7, 2007

Two More

Episodes of 24, that is. :o) Monday night is mine and Neal's TV night. We watch one show regularly, and that's 24. Our TV guardian kicked in more than usual on it tonight. The tension is building...

I finished my handwriting job last night (FINALLY!). It was so nice to be able to sit down on my couch tonight and relax and not have to address envelopes or write on cards! I'll be thankful for that paycheck though!

It looks like my Mom and I are going to go on a mini vacation with the kids in a few weeks. We're going to head out to Amish country in Lancaster, PA. We went on a bus tour a couple of years ago, and have wanted to go back ever since. We'll drive this time, and hopefully be able to do a bit more sight seeing and shopping! I'm on the hunt now for a good hotel for us!

Our waterbed sprung a leak! We were changing the sheets Saturday morning when Neal remembered that he needed to "burp" the bed (for those of you who are waterbed challenged, that means that there's an air bubble in the mattress and he had to let it escape). :o) When we unzipped the mattress top and pulled it back, the underside of it was wet and molded! So apparantly it's been leaking for a while. We found the whole and it's just a little pin size hole. We tried patching it with a tent patching kit, but it didn't work. I went out today to a local bed store and purchased a waterbed patch kit for 5 bucks. We drained the bed tonight and he patched it and we'll let it sit overnight. Tomorrow we're going to take advantage of the bed being empty and change our bedroom around. I'm excited about that part of it! I've been wanting to change the room around for a while now, but a king size bed full of water is mighty heavy to lift! I sure hope the patch works though, because I priced mattresses today and we'd have to take out a small loan to get one!

Well, I'm off to bed. Sleeping on airmattresses tonight in the middle of the living room floor! WooHoo!!

2 comments:

Perri said...

ARe you going to the Light and Sound theater place? I went a few years ago with Linda and it was THE best vacation money I ever spent. Such an awesome show. You'll have to just email me - Yahoo is not posting for me again.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was only a pin-size hole! That could've been disastrout-- especially with mold and mildew. :-p

How fun to rearrange the furniture! It makes the whole room seem new.

Amish country sounds absolutely lovely! I'm babysitting right now (family emergency with a friend) so we're really out of whack-- so much for having lessons. I'm just trying to keep the rowdiness under control...and it's not even 10am.

Have a great weekend!

Marsha

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."