Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fun Friday

We all had such a great day at the pool yesterday, yet I did not take one picture! What's wrong with me? Maybe it's the fear of dropping the camera in the pool, or someone dripping water all over it?!!!

Anyway, we stayed 7 hours at the pool yesterday. Word of advice: make sure you put sunscreen on all exposed body parts when you are in the sun and water that long! Somehow I forgot to put any on my chest and right now I am very uncomfortable!

On our way to the pool (it was me, Beth, Ben, Jamie and Raven) we stopped by Neal's work and dropped off his swim suit and a t-shirt. Then we dropped by my friend Cindy's house and dropped off green beans, zucchini and yellow squash. They grow a garden, but the deer have had a field day with their veggies and the only thing they have successfully grown this year are green peppers! This family has helped us out a lot in the past, and we wanted to return the blessing!

We arrived at the pool at 1:00 and ate our P, B and J sandwiches I packed. Then my friend Jackie and her two youngest joined us. We enjoyed their company for four hours and then they had to leave.

Some of our friends from our Sunday School class joined us at supper time. We all brought our own suppers. Neal stopped by a local pizza joint on the way to the pool and got two pizzas and an order of wings. Not a bite was left!

We had a blast playing in the pool. We practically had it to ourselves. Neal joined in the fun. It was great playing in the pool together. I think he's lost his self-consciousness with his scars. My friends call them his badge of honor! :o)

After the pool closed, we went to get ice cream with another family. There's this little ice cream place that sets up shop in a little trailer with a big ice cream cone on top. They have the BEST ice cream! We all got small cones, and it was almost more than we could eat. Each cone was less than $2, so the prices are excellent. I got an orange/vanilla swirl -- think Dreamsicle! -- Yummo! Beth got the same, Ben got plain chocolate, Neal and Raven got chocolate/vanilla swirl, and Jamie got strawberry swirl.

Tummy's were full and happy last night! ;o) Everyone slept well!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

It's good to see you posting again. I've been missing you! :o) Thanks for the recipe ideas too.

My Hubby has a scar from when he had abdominal surgery as an infant. It grew with him and now is probably ten times as big as when he had the surgery. Good for Neal getting comfortable with his wounds of battle - it was a victorious battle! :o)

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."