Monday, July 14, 2008

Saturday's Supper and Weekend

First, Saturday's supper turned out great! Everyone liked it...me probably the least. I'm not sure why, but to me it was missing something. I guess I'll have to play around with it some more. I would recommend it though. It was good.

Saturday morning I went yardsaling with Mom. I found some pretty good deals on some clothes for Beth and I. I spent $14.00 on clothes and ended up with about 15 shirts between the two of us...winter and summer. They're nice too...you'd never know I bought them used. My favorite purchase, however, was a chair for Beth's room. You may remember that we painted her room back in April or May (can't remember)...we painted it blue and brown. Her bedspread (which we got her back in November for her 13th birthday) is blue and brown so we matched the paint to it. Two walls are brown and two are blue. The blue isn't a "true blue" however. It almost has a greenish tint to it, so it's kind of hard to match. We did find some curtain panels that Beth draped over a curtain rod, and it looks really good. She really wanted a blue chair to match her room (it would be sitting against a brown wall), but it was almost impossible to find one in the right shade. On Saturday I pulled up to a yard sale that had lots of furniture. I wasn't even planning on looking at the furniture, but at one point I looked up and there it sat...a blue (THE blue) chair with off white polka dots! It was so cute and I decided I had to have it! :o) The problem was that I didn't have Beth with me to affirm whether or not she liked it. I decided that if I could get it for $10 or less I'd buy it. I asked the lady what she wanted and she said $15. Hmmmmm..... "Will you take $10?" I asked. She gave the obligatory "hmmmm" and then said "Okay." Wahoo!!!!

So here's the chair sitting in her room:

This close up shows the polka dots.


This one shows bits of her bedspread and curtains. I was so pleased with how it matched! Beth was pleased overall...the chair's not very comfortable though. Now we'll be looking for a footstool!


I had to take this picture of Beth's cat, Symon. Beth said he was "sleeping on the Word." :o)

Sunday was spent at church in the AM and PM services. The afternoon was enjoyed by eating a yummy lunch (fresh corn on the cob out of the garden!) and taking a nap. After church we once again went out for ice cream (We've got to stop that!). We went to Da*ry Q*een this time and tried their new thin mint blizzard. I won't be getting it again. I'd rather eat the thin mints by themselves! Not terrible, but not what I was expecting.

We had our first baptismal service in our new sanctuary last night. There were about 15 people who got baptized. It was a wonderful service!

Well, that was our weekend. Today I've started in on laundry and will do a bit of housekeeping. Maybe we'll go to the pool this afternoon. I'll have to see if the skies clear up!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Wow! That chair looks like it was made to order for Beth's room! It's really cute too.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."