Friday, November 14, 2008

Fridays Fave Five



This is something new that I haven't tried before. Fridays Fave Five. You're supposed to list five of your favorite things from the week. It doesn't have to be anything big, just something that brought you happiness during the week. :o) I found this over at Linda's 2nd Cup of Coffee, but it originally came from "Living to tell the Story."

So here we go...five of my favorite things from the week of November 9th!

1. "There's No Place Like Home" After a difficult week last week, my family and I were totally worn out on Sunday. We always go to church, but my husband made an "executive decision" to stay home this past Sunday. Although we missed the fellowship at church, we realized how much we needed that day at home. We all slept in very late. I got up around 11:00, and Ben had gotten up sometime shortly before me. Neal and Beth both slept past noon. We spent a day together talking, eating, reading and watching movies. I was so refreshed after that, and I'm very thankful my husband made that decision for us! (but I look forward to going to church this Sunday!)

2. "Routine" The past month has been all out of routine for us. I worked several days during October leading up to the elections. Although the kids were able to continue with their schooling, it's not the same as when I'm here all the time. So, this week we got back on track and had a great week of school!

3.Ben celebrated his 11th Birthday! This boy is so precious to me! He was definitely one of my Fave 5 this week!




4.Although the telephone is an annoyance to me a lot of the time, I was so happy when it rang last night and it was Neal's cousin Ruthie. She called because she knew I'd had a difficult week last week and she wanted to "be there for me." I live in Virginia and Ruthie lives in Connecticut, so it's pretty difficult to give each other a hug. :o) So, she did the next best thing and gave me a call! What a great surprise! (Thanks Ruthie!!!)

5.Although he may not think so, I enjoyed listening to and watching Neal watch the Va Tech game. I do not enjoy sitting down and watching the game, so I make periodic stops in the living room to see what's going on. I love seeing him there with his orange wig on, yelling at the players. :o) Ever since Neal's surgery in April, I am often hit unexpectedly with waves of emotion and thankfulness about Neal. This morning was one of those times. I was sitting reading my Bible when something made me think of how helpless he was right after surgery. It makes me cry typing about it. I'm so thankful that the Lord allowed us to find his aneurysm in time to fix it, and I'm thankful that he is here to wear a silly orange wig and yell at people on a tv screen that cannot hear him!

7 comments:

Susanne said...

Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. So glad you jumped right in.

This is the first time I've been at your site and even though I know nothing of the circumstances, #5 just brought tears to my eyes.
And also #4. It's so good to have a friend who is there for you even if they are far away.

Happy Birthday to Ben!

Anonymous said...

Um, that orange wig... :-D Glad to read your list fave fives!

Beth said...

i like your fave five! even though you didn't put me as one =/ jk, i know i'm your fave daughter! (maybe even your favorite child! jk again lol) but i AM your PERFECT child, and i'm almost always right!

anyway, your post was really sweet! luv ya!

Anonymous said...

These are all such great fave's!! Love the photo of your guy in that orange headpiece!? Blessings...

Robin said...

The orange wig is great. My husband went to VA Tech and is a big fan. I don't always enjoying listening to him watch the game though. He's pretty vocal :)

Perri said...

Your number 5 made me cray. I know he is extra precious to you with everything that has happened in the last few weeks.

Life is so uncertain - we should all wear orange wigs......or in my case -- Blue!

Robin said...

Welcome to Friday FAve's!
As a busy pastor's wife I sometimes wish I could just take a Sunday off once in a while too! It is never a day of rest at our house.
Love the orange wig - and the obvious love and gratitude in your words.
God is so good.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."