Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life is Hard, but God is Good!

As I was driving to a friend's house yesterday, I heard this song on the radio. Pam Thum is the artist. I think they played it just for me...they can do that, you know. I think God placed a special request just for me. :o) Here are the lyrics:

You turn the key
Then close the door behind you
Drop your bags on the floor
You reach for the light
But there's darkness deep inside
And you can't take it anymore

'Cause sometimes living takes the life out of you
And sometimes living is all you can do

Life is hard, the world is cold
We're barely young and then we're old
But every falling tear is always understood
Yes, life is hard, but God is good

You start to cry
'Cause you've been strong for so long
And that's not how you feel
You try to pray
But there's nothing left to say
So you just quietly kneel

In the silence of all that you face
God will give you His mercy and grace

Jesus never said
It was an easy road to travel
He only said that you would never be alone
So when your last thread of hope
Begins to come unraveled
Don't give up, He walks beside you
On this journey home and He knows

Life is hard, the world is cold
We're barely young and then we're old
But every falling tear is always understood
Yes, life is hard, but God is good

I love this song! It made me cry, but it encouraged me too. God has allowed various trials in my life this year, and I'm okay with that. I have learned from each one of them. Hopefully I won't forget what I've learned! I pray that He won't have to hit me over the head too many times in order for me to listen!

Thank you to all of you who have been praying for me this past week. You know who you are! :o) It's wonderful to have precious friends like you!

1 comment:

Splinters of Silver said...

These are awesome words. It sounds pretty, with the sample clip I heard from iTunes. Thanks for sharing, I too often need this type of encouragement. I know exactly what you mean and feel very similar with your words, 'God has allowed various trials in my life this year, and I'm okay with that. I have learned from each one of them. Hopefully I won't forget what I've learned! I pray that He won't have to hit me over the head too many times in order for me to listen!'

Thankgoodness for praying and encouraging family and friends, and the little things God often sends us along the way like this song when you needed it.

Praying...

Tim

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."