Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Friend and Multiple Sclerosis

I have known Linda since we were 5 years old and in Kindergarten. When I think of Linda I think of a very athletic girl. She could run really fast. She was always one of the first kids picked for ball games during recess or gym class. :o) Linda's other love was (and is) horses! She was also in 4-H with me, and her Mom taught me how to sew. Oh, we were also in band together. She played saxophone and I played clarinet.

There were several years after high school where we didn't keep in touch, but we got reconnected a few years ago (don't you love email?!!!). She was living in Montana and I was living in Georgia. Now I'm back in VA, and she's back in Ohio.

Linda was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2001. She is still very athletic, and I believe that has helped her in her fight against MS. I received an email from Linda this morning, and she is going to participate in the annual MS Bike Tour. She is trying to raise $200 for this event. I went over to her website this morning and made a donation. If you'd like to help a good cause -- maybe you know of someone with MS -- why not help Linda raise her support for the MS Bike Tour! You can click HERE to make a donation that could help save a life!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."