Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chilly Morning

It's overcast and in the 50's. After 80 degree temps earlier in the week and upper 60's later, this feels downright chilly!

I'm getting ready for company tonight, and we're having another family over for lunch tomorrow. Tonight my plan is to grill chicken, and have a few side dishes. I'll need to run out to the grocery. Tomorrow we're hoping to have a picnic, but if it's this cold, I'm not too sure. I'm going to make chicken salad for tomorrow.

After supper last night we played a game we got at Christmas called "Snapshots Across America." It's a geography game and it was lots of fun. We ended up playing it twice. The kids loved it. (and they were learning -- gotta love that!)

Speaking of something else my kids loved. We read a book earlier in the year called "The Phantom Tollbooth." We all loved it. It is a great read aloud book. Beth was able to follow it a little better than Ben, but he still thought it was great. So it's probably best for upper elementary age and above. Here's a description I found:

Milo has nothing much at all to do -- until he drives through the Phantom Tollbooth. Beyond it lies a strange land and an even stranger series of adventures. Accompanied by a watchdog named Tock and the ever-grumpy Humbug, Milo sets out on a quest for Rhyme and Reason, hoping to settle the war between words and numbers along the way. Now that he thinks about it, he's got plenty to keep him busy after all.

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."