Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Morning Ramblings

My eyes feel like they have sand in them! Good thing I don't wear contacts anymore. :o) Too much crying...

I had a good night's sleep and now the start of a fresh day! It's supposed to warm up a little today -- nothing like our 70 degree temps last week, but it'll feel pretty good.

Yesterday we had school, and then I took the kids to our church gym for a few games of dodgeball with some other home schooled kids. They had a blast! Once the weather warms up we'll start going to the park and playing kickball or something.

Last night I made some yummy, low sugar, chocolate chip cookies. Neal had one this morning and said they were good. I make my cookies with wheat flour and they are always so soft. It took a little while to get used to, but now my kids prefer it.

Today will be school and cleaning. I've finished my envelopes and they were turned in yesterday. Now I can focus on my house again. Neal made me a new batch of laundry detergent over the weekend, so I don't have to do that. It doesn't take long anyway, but it's always nice to have things done for you. :o)

I finished reading the book of Acts last week, and I started James yesterday and will finish it today. Then I think I'll go back to Isaiah and finish it this week. For some reason I wasn't able to focus on it when I was reading it, so I took a break and went to the New Testament. I loved reading Acts, and James is always good to read.

In fiction I'm reading a book called "Boo Hoo." It's the sequel to "Boo." Boo is a story about a famous horror novelist who finds no satisfaction in his life. He has all the money he'll ever need, but still feels empty. He has been quietly observing a person in their small town through the past few years, and has seen something in her that he wants. He goes to a local pastor, and finds that what his life is missing is Jesus. Now things will change in his town of Skary, Indiana. It's the story of several people who claim to be "Christian," yet get upset when their town's claim to fame finds true happiness in Christ. It's an interesting book, and unfortunately, hits too close to home in some ways! The book is written by Rene Gutteridge.

Now on to my day...

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."