Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mouse Trap

Oh, one more thing. For the past few months my kids have complained of hearing "noises" in the attic. About a month ago, I was sitting here at my computer and I heard these scratching noises overhead. Our study is next to the kids rooms, but our bedroom is on the other side of the house. Now, my husband had not heard these noises, but had just heard of them. That is until night before last. I went to bed at 2:00 (working on envelopes) and just as I was dosing off I hear this scratching noise. I jerk awake and jump out of bed. Neal said "It's probably just Stewart." (we're dogsitting my SIL's dog) So I walk out to the living room and find Stew sound asleep in his little bed. So Neal decides he's going to look up in the attic. However, by the time he gets over there the noise stops. After he got back in bed it started up again, but we decided there wasn't anything we could do that night anyway, so we went off to sleep. The next day Neal comes home with 6 mouse traps! Four of them went up in the attic and two downstairs (my Mom's been hearing something up in her ceiling). My kids were SO excited about setting mousetraps, and the idea that we might actually catch one. (weird, huh?) So tonight when Daddy got home, they wanted to run up there and check it out. They climbed up the ladder and we hear "there's a mouse!" Neal quickly goes in there and up the ladder and "low and behold" (I love that saying) there is not just one dead mouse, but FOUR!!! Each mouse trap had a dead mouse in it! We couldn't believe it! The kids were so excited. LOL Ben got a Walmart bag (see, didn't I tell you that Walmart bags have many uses?) and Neal dumped the dead carcasses in the bag. Then Ben had the extreme honor of carrying them out to the woods and dumping them for some wild animal to eat. While Ben was dumping, Neal and Beth were refilling the mouse traps with peanut butter. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if we have more than 4 up there!

After those traps were reset, off we went downstairs to check on those traps. Now these traps were a bit different. They don't kill the mice, they just catch them. Both traps were shut, but alas...no mouse! Tomorrow Neal is going back to the hardware store and buying another "Value Pack" of four mouse traps! LOL Mom would like to get rid of her scratching noises too!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."