Friday, March 23, 2007

He's HOME Now

My Uncle went home to Heaven this morning. I don't know any details as of yet, but I do know he's in no more pain, and he's steady on his feet. No more Parkinson's. I will deeply miss him, but I know I'll see him again some day. I love you, Uncle Albert!

My cousin, Merle (his Mom is Albert's sister, Clara) posted this response on my blog and I wanted to share his memories here:

It was nice to read about Uncle Albert. I didn't know some of the stuff. My memories are of the times all our uncle's came in for Thanksgiving and Harlan and I would go hunting with them. I remember playing ping pong with Uncle Albert, Uncle Robert, Dallas and Harlan. I can't tell you how many games of horseshoes I played with Uncle's Albert, Robert, and Bernard. So many of our family has passed in recent years including Dad, I guess that is why I still dream of the times all the family would come home to Grandpa's and Grandma's. Bisquets, gravey, and fried chicken early in the morning cooked on an old wood stove and so many there we had to eat in two groups. Those feather beds you'd sink down into and dare not move because the only warm spot was where you laid, the fire had died out in the middle of the night. It's those memories we can keep the rest of our days!

1 comment:

Perri said...

Teresa,

Steady on his feet - probably running toward the arms of Jesus.

You are in my prayers.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."