Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John

We have a 20 minute drive to church. It's not too bad...sometimes we listen to the radio, sometimes we talk, and sometimes we sing. And sing is what we did tonight. We sang the books of the New Testament in song, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (you get the picture) until we arrived at church. We sang it at normal tempo, we sang it in hypermode, and we sang it real s-l-o-w. After we finished with Revelation one of us would say "One More Time!" And off we'd go again. I may not be able to say the books of the New Testament, but I sure can sing them! :o)

I ran over to Target this evening. I bought the kids some stuff for their Easter baskets. Target has carried chocolate crosses for years, and I've always bought one for the kids. I think the first one I bought was 10 years ago when Beth was two. It's tradition now. I hope they never stop making them! I also bought some Easter Twix bars called Bunny Ears or something. That'll be it on the candy. On Tuesday I was in our church bookstore and bought Beth a Casting Crowns CD and I bought Ben the soundtrack to Narnia. That'll probably be about it. We don't do too much.

We're having our Sunday School class' annual Easter Egg hunt at our house on the 7th. That'll be fun. We usually have it at another family's farm from our class, but they are really busy this year and couldn't do it. We don't have a farm, but we have acreage and should have plenty of room for three different hunts (dividing up toddlers, middlers, and older kids). Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

My uncle is still hanging on. I know it won't be much longer. The waiting is so hard for the family. I remember with my dad. I pray that God just gives them a peace beyond our understanding.

Tomorrow will be an "at home" day. School, playing and cleaning. :o)

2 comments:

Dancing Boys Mom said...

Teresa,

Continuing to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Perri said...

I remember learning the books of the O.T. in VBS. anyone that learned them got a half dollar piece.

So long ago.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."