Saturday, January 12, 2008

Healthy Voyage

I'm really, really trying to lead a more healthy lifestyle! It's so difficult sometimes though, isn't it? I mean you have fast food on every corner (who really wants to cook a "made from scratch" meal every day? It's terribly tempting to run into KFC and pick up a bucket of chicken (or even get some at the grocery store for that matter). I do enjoy cooking, but on days when I'm really busy or running lots of errands those Golden Arches big buckets of chicken call my name!

This week I sat down and wrote out my menu for the rest of the month. It's very daunting at the time ... even the grocery trip is daunting ... but the ease of mind it brings the rest of the month is priceless! I just look at my menu in the morning and see if I need to pull anything out of the freezer and then plan my day around what time I need to prepare the meal. If it's a day I'm working, or we have basketball practice, or 4-H, I try to make a crock pot meal or a casserole that I've prepared ahead of time. It's all in the planning, which is sometimes easier said than done!

The bread baking is still going really well. My family truly does enjoy it, and so do I. I've got the sandwich rolls down pretty well now, so it doesn't take me long to fix them. I made some brownies tonight using freshly ground soft white wheat. I tasted them a little while ago and they tasted pretty good. Hopefully the kids will think so. Ben's having a friend over tomorrow and I like to have a special dessert prepared when we have company. I also made pizza crusts today for lunch tomorrow, and while they were baking I prepared the toppings and stuck them in the fridge. When we get home from church tomorrow I'll just have to throw the pizzas together and put them in the oven.

Neal and I have gotten back into exercising again. We actually worked out six days this past week! I got up to 2 miles on the elliptical, so I was pretty pleased with that. I'm at a 10 minute mile. I'm so thankful for a disciplined husband! Other than Monday morning, I would have slept in every morning this past week! Neal had to resort to tickling to get me out of bed one morning. I'm pretty bad!

Anyway, that's part of my healthy voyage plan. Eat healthier and exercise regularly. I'm bound to lose weight...right???

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."