Thursday, January 17, 2008

The White Death

I spoke to my brother Bob this morning. He's a truck driver and lives in Indiana (about an hour from Cincinnati). He said on the news last night he heard the weatherman say something like "you'd better get to the store and get your milk...the White Death is on its way!" Well, we didn't quite have enough snow to count as "the white death" but my kids were happy! I'd say we got at least two inches when all was said and done. The kids have had a blast today. I had planned on doing school with them, but we haven't gotten any done yet! There's always tomorrow (and maybe tonight!).

Here's some pictures from our day today:

This picture was taken at 7:55 am.

This picture was taken at 9:40 am ... almost 2 hours later.

Rocking chairs on my porch.

The other end of my porch.

The woods in front of our house by the driveway -- which you can't see right now.

This is Beth and the "oldest living snowball ever." Apparently Sponge Bob has the "oldest living bubble ever."

Birdfeeder on our back deck.

Beth and Symon. He was okay if she held him, but didn't like it when she tried to set him down in the snow!

Suzi insisted on being outside on her zipline today!


After playing in the snow for about 4 hours, the kids came in for lunch. I made them a hot blackberry cobbler for dessert from frozen blackberries that Ben had picked last summer. When Ben was done he came in and told me how good it was and then gave me a big smile:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty pictures! I love how snow makes everything look so pure and beautiful. Cobbler sounds really yummy!!!

Theresa said...

The snow is so pretty! I bet your woods look awesome in the fall when the colors change. Your cat is gorgeous!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."