Monday, January 28, 2008

Ladies Night

Friday night I hosted a ladies night out for our Adult Bible Fellowship class. We had a "Spa Night" and I think around 20 or so ladies came out. We broke up into three groups and started our room rotation. The group I was in started in the kitchen. We did manicures there. One of the ladies makes a really good sugar scrub that we used on our hands. Ooooohhh, my hands felt so smooth after that! I painted my nails a pretty copper color. They looked really nice for about 24 hours and then started chipping off. That's why I don't paint my nails very often. What's the use when you all you have to do is wash dishes and it starts coming off?

In the second rotation, we moved to the study (our homeschool room). In that room I had a table set up and that's where we relaxed, talked, and ate a snack. We had grapes, pineapple, mango, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas, etc. We also had several different flavors of tea and bottled water.

The third, and final rotation, for our group was the facial room. We used my bathroom to do the facials and then relaxed in the living room with our warm washcloths and cool cumcumbers (for the eyes). Soft music was playing and we had good conversation going all the time.

After all the rotations were completed, most of us gathered in the living room and some in the kitchen and talked and ate cheesecake bites, cream puffs, and chocolate. You didn't think we'd get together without chocolate did you??? LOL

The ladies arrived around 6:30 and started leaving around 9:30. Neal and the kids came home around 9:30ish. The kids had a fun night with Daddy, and Mommy had a fun night with her girlfriends!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I haven't had time to write, but did get your email in time to pray for this. It sounds like a lot of fun and even before I read the description, I wished I was there with you and your friends. I'm no beauty queen, but the fellowship sounded fun! :o)

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."