Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Little Fun...A Little Pain!

Late this afternoon, I went out and went sledding with the kids. We had a great time until I got to the "jump." Ben told me how cool it would be and the sled would fly into the air a bit. Cool! Well, my 41 year old body says "not so cool!" My sled turned me around backwards and I hit the "jump" (which by the way was the cinderblock around our campsite) with my back! Ouch! I didn't cry, thank you very much, but I sure did laugh loudly. Kind of like "ha ha, haa, haa, HAAAA, HAAAA, AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Beth told me later she could hear me from inside the house and couldn't tell if it was a laugh or a cry. I said "definitely a laugh." Well, I'm not laughing now. I'm in pain! But, it was SO worth it! ;o) We had a great time. I think my rear was frozen and I couldn't feel pain for a while until I thawed out. We sledded for about an hour and then I decided I needed to get a picture of our house in the snow. It's after 5:00 pm when this picture was taken...thus the darkness. It was pretty cloudy all day anyway, so it wouldn't have looked much different at noon.

When I came up on the porch the picture below is what I saw. You can't see it, but Suzi is whining. She wanted to be out there where all the fun and pain laughter was going on!

3 comments:

Perri said...

All the cool moms sled. You are such a cool mom.

Cool moms sometime pay a price for their coolness.

Let's hope you don't end up looking like a certain someone who fell down the stairs.

Theresa said...

I love your house. It's so cute and the porch is neat! That is a great picture of the cat and dog too in the window. Is Suzi (sp?) part St. Bernard? My behind hurts just thinking about sledding at our age! LOL

VaQueenBee said...

Thanks, Theresa!

Yes, Suzi is part St. Bernard, but we don't know what other parts make up her whole! :o)

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."