Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Neal's Unnerving Ride

Okay, Neal rode just about all the coasters at Busch Gardens. He rode Apollo's Chariot, he rode the Big Bad Wolf, he rode Loch Ness Monster, and he rode the heart stopping Griffin! So what could be his least favorite ride??? It was the cable cars! Yep, that's right. Ben just said "What? That was the most relaxing one! Wasn't it?"

Beth and I rode in a car by ourselves, and Neal, Ruthie, and Ben rode behind us. Everything was going along just fine. Beth and I were talking about the "what if's." "What if the electricity went out, what would happen to the rides?" "What if we got stuck up here in the air," you get the picture. Just about that time our cable car stopped. I looked behind us and sure enough all the cars had stopped. Beth and I are stuck over the kiddie area watching all the cute little kids playing and the moms and dads with their strollers trying to keep up with all their children. Neal and his crew were stuck right between roller coasters! I had noticed when we went through that area that it was a bit unnerving to be that close to those rides going 75 miles an hour. Now Neal was stuck there. And not only was he stuck in a scary area, he had a 9 year old boy with him who didn't want to sit still and had lots of questions. "What would happen if we fell?" "Should I try to jump out of the car or should I just stay seated?" "Maybe I'll jump right now." Neal said he was trying to stay calm, but not feeling that way. Ruthie was the picture of calm as she was trying to divert Ben's attention to other topics. LOL

We were stuck there for about 10 minutes. After we finally got off the ride, Neal looked at me and said "I can ride the Griffin now....nothing could be worse than what we just went through!"

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."