Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Vegetable Soup

I made a yummy pot of vegetable soup today. I thought I'd share the recipe, but please bear with me...I didn't really measure anything.

1 lb ground venison (you could, of course, use lean hamburger or ground turkey)
couple tablespoons flour
salt
1/2 an onion, chopped
1 cup baby carrots, cut up
2 stalks celery, cut up

cook ground venison in large pan, add salt and flour and then add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook and stir until burger is no longer pink and onions are tender. Add:

cup of frozen corn
cup of frozen lima beans
cup of frozen peas
2 or 3 small potatoes, diced
1/2 cup barley
beef broth and/or chicken broth to cover meat and veggies

Bring the above to a boil and then cook on medium or medium high until vegetables and potatoes are tender. Add:

1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can green beans (or leftover green beans)

**Posted Later: I forgot to add that I also added some chili powder and oregano. I didn't measure them, so just sprinkle them on to taste. **

Simmer until ready to eat.

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."