Grandma called and the kids have run next door to visit with her for a little while. So, I was eating my lunch and checking my friends blogs and saw this on Perri's blog, and thought I'd give it a whirl. If you do it, let me know!
It's a really long one, so I reserve the right to skip any I don't want to answer! ;o)
1. Do you like blue cheese? Not by itself, but I like it in certain dishes.
2. Have you ever read a book in one sitting? Yes, but it was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away!
3. Do you own a gun? Not personally, but "we" own guns.
4. Your favorite song? I can't pick just one favorite, but I like contemporary Christian music, praise and worship, oldies (50's to 70's and some 80's), and classic country (like Alabama and the Judds).
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Not usually, but it's not my favorite place to go!
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like them grilled with chili and onions.
7. Favorite Christmas song? Again...can't pick just one. I love listening to Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra at Christmas. I also love the song "Mary Did You Know."
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? The first thing I drink in the morning is water, and then it depends on what I eat.
9. Can you do push-ups? Just the wimpy kind on my knees.
10. Favorite thing about the person who sent this to you? Perri is one of the funniest people I know and one of the most giving. She is constantly doing things for others and teaching her children the same giving spirit! I love her!
11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding band.
12. Favorite hobby? Reading and cooking
13. Do you put butter on your popcorn? I like butter on it, but I usually just salt it.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? nope
15. What one trait do you hate about yourself? I'm a procrastinator!
16. Middle Name(s): Dawn
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: Why do I procrastinate? I wonder what time the kids will be back? Are the clothes almost dry?
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. I didn't buy anything, but I spent a lot of money? (Can you figure out the riddle?)
19. Name 3 things you drink on a regular basis. water, sweet tea, and milk
20. Current worry right now? I'm not worrying about it, but my mind is on the single mom's retreat in April and if it will all come together or not!
21. Current hate right now? I hate that Ben's allergies are already starting to bother him.
22. Favorite place to be? At home with my family.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? With two other families at a friends house.
24. Where would you like to go? Hawaii!
25. Name three people who will also do this? Not sure, but whoever does, let me know.
26. Do you own slippers? yes, blue ones with stars
27. What shirt are you wearing? A gray Disney t-shirt
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Nope, cotton.
29. Can you whistle? yes, off-key.
30. Favorite color? Green
31. Would you be a pirate? nope
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? I usually pray in the shower, but if I'm not praying I usually sing hymns.
33. Favorite girl’s name? Besides Elizabeth -- Aubrey
34. Favorite boy’s name? Besides Benjamin -- Nick
35. What’s in your pocket right now? Lint
36. Last thing that made you laugh? my husband
37. Best bed sheets as a child? Dry ones
38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I've been blessed and the worst injury I've had is a broken nose.
39. Do you love where you live? Absolutely
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3
41. Who is your loudest friend? Ben :o)
42. How many dogs do you have? One
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Golly, there's this cute boy that comes to my house at supper every night and he sure does like my cookin'...maybe he has a crush on me.
45. What is your favorite book? The Bible
46. What is your favorite candy? This changes from day to day, but today I'll say Caramel Bullseyes or Cow Tails
47. Favorite Sports Team? Any team my son plays on
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Praise music (I'll take Perri's answer on this one. Music at funerals always makes me cry, so maybe Praise music would make people happy!)
49. What were you doing 12 AM last night? snoozing away
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Am I going to exercise today?
51. Do you have a dishwasher? Yep, thank God!
52. Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors? carpeted
53. What room is your computer in? our Study
54. Are there pictures hanging in your living room? Yes, several
55. What personality trait gets on your nerves the most? laziness
56. What decade were you born in? the 60’s!
56. Do you like to entertain? Most of the time.
57. What were you doing exactly an hour ago? Eating lunch
58. Do you like to wear hats? No
59. Last thing you read? Kalaedescope Eyes by Karen Ball
60. Favorite website? Blogs of friends
61. Last person you emailed? My cousin Merle about our Yahoo Fantasy Baseball league.
62. Last person who emailed you? My friend Donna
63. Do you own any season DVDs? Yes, we own a couple of Star Trek seasons, Leave it to Beaver, and the Little Rascals.
64. Last thing you ate? pistachios
65. Favorite toy as a child? Barbies and my bicycle
66. Have you ever ridden on a train? Yes, but just short little tourist types
67. Favorite subject in school? Recess ;o)
68. What do you see out your window? lots and lots of trees
69. Baths or showers? Showers
70. Name of favorite cousin? I can't choose just one since I have more than 30 first cousins!
71. Worst movie you ever saw? Since I tend not to finish a movie if I don't like it, this is a hard question. One that might suprise some people is that I did not enjoy Lord of the Rings, and didn't even watch any after the first movie (I don't think I even finished the first).
72. Biggest change this past year? Grinding my own wheat and making all our bread from scratch.
73. What hurts you the most? Seeing elderly people mistreated.
74. Biggest regret? I try not to have regrets, and those I have I try not to think about!
75. Person from your childhood that you remember most fondly? Not naming childhood friends here, there was an older lady named Alta (I called her Aunt Alta) who used to come and visit our neighbors. She would visit several weeks at a time, and we would write back and forth when she went home to Illinois. She was very sweet and I have such good memories of visiting with her.
76. What is the third digit of your current weight? 4
77. How many personal snail mail notes or letters have you sent in the past month?about 30
78. Favorite form of art? I'm very eclectic in my tastes of art.
77. Worst date you ever had? There was a bar in a neighboring town that I always said would be the worse place a guy could ever take me on a date. When a blind date suggested we go there, I knew I was in trouble! Sad thing was he was supposedly a millionaire??? Just goes to show that money's not everything! I'd rather go to McDonald's with a poor boy! LOL
78. Second favorite color? Blue
79. Have you ever met anyone in person that you had first met online? Yes, Perri from Indiana and Gwen from South Carolina. I've actually met up with Perri three times...once at her house, once at my house, and once in Myrtle Beach, SC.
80. Funniest person you know? Neal
81. Last word you googled? I don't remember
82. Favorite author? Karen Kingsbury
83. Favorite fictional character?
84. Last time you ate out? We're eating out tonight...does that count?
85. The hardest thing you have ever done? Leave the hospital when I knew I'd never see my Dad alive again.
86. Talent you wish you had? a better singing voice
87. Are you a good cook? my family thinks so
88. How do you like your eggs? Scrambled or omelette
89. Favorite vegetable? ooohhhh, this is hard, so I'll name a few: yellow squash, green beans and lima beans
90. Are you a good speller? Usauly
91. What should you be doing right now? folding laundry
92. Pet Peeve: Children who read over my shoulder when I'm typing and don't do what they're told to do! (hint, hint, Beth!)
93. Who is your hero? my pastor
94. Nicest thing that happened to you today? My son told me he was sorry about a way he acted toward me.
95. Favorite way to eat a potato? fried
96. Do you have a blog? Yes
97. Is your hair long or short? shortish
98. What did you do last night? Reviewed BB gun questions with the kids (they have a test and competition this Saturday)
99. Are you glad this is about done? Very, I need to get off of here!
100. Favorite question? This one, because it means I’m done! (Amen, Perri!)