Monday, March 31, 2008

This Week

Today is my last day of work! I've been working here since before Christmas. I knew it would only be temporary, and it actually ended up lasting a little longer than I thought it would. The timing is perfect though!

This week will be spent getting ready for Neal's heart surgery and his recovery afterward. I'm going to make up a few meals and freeze them, and I'm going to give the house a deep cleaning. This will make me feel better when we leave for the hospital on Tuesday and when we come home the following week. :o)

I have a few more items to finish for the Single Mom's Retreat.

I need to get back into my Names of God study. I have read a few more chapters and will blog about them soon.

Tonight we're taking the kids to the dollar theater again. We're going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks.

Tomorrow the kids and I are going to visit my good friend Jennifer. It's actually been months since we've gotten together. I can't believe it! I look forward to seeing her and letting our kids play together.

Wednesday will be grocery shopping (probably) and church. Neal will be staying home from here on out except for work. With God's help, we're going to try to keep him healthy until the 9th!

Thursday will be piano for Beth and then we're having a friend and her boys over that evening for supper. They were supposed to come last Thursday, but Beth had a fever. They're moving to Arkansas at the end of April, so we want to have them over before Neal's surgery. (right now it seems we think in terms of "before surgery" and "after surgery")

I think we'll be home the entire weekend. We need to bathe Suzi and perhaps do a little yard work. I'll also have to give Neal and Ben haircuts.

I guess that's it. Oh, our fireplace is now operational! Yaah! I'll post about that later. :o)

1 comment:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

Sounds like a great plan! I know you'll feel better just having everything cleaned up and some food in the freezer. Sometimes it's the little stresses that push you over the edge to complete craziness. (or maybe it's just me!) ;-)

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."