Saturday, April 5, 2008

Checking off the List

It rained today so we couldn't get any of our outside work done, but we got plenty of stuff done inside.

First, we slept in! I was the first to get up and that was at 9:30! Wow! Of course, Neal and I stayed up talking until 1:30 this morning, so that may be the reason we slept in so late!

Neal wanted me to make buckwheat pancakes, but we had an errand to run first. By the time we finally sat down to eat "breakfast" it was 2:10! The pancakes were very good though! I love grinding my own wheat. Almost everything tastes so much better. I made chocolate chip pancakes, pecan pancakes and blueberry pancakes.

I gave Neal and Ben haircuts today and we gave Suzi a bath. She was beginning to be one stinky dog!

I also made two more meals to freeze: spaghetti pie (or casserole as this actually was) and chicken enchiladas. I also froze some ground venison and onions, and some shredded chicken.

Neal did some little jobs around the house, and the kids helped out a lot, as well. Neal was in very good spirits today and we all had a lot of fun playing and working together!

Three more days until he goes into the hospital!

“My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.
Trust in Him at all times, you people;
Pour out your heart before Him;
God is a refuge for us."

Psalm 62:5-8

2 comments:

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

You had a very full day. But a good day. Every day spent surrounded by your family is a good day! I just love it when we're all at home and just being together. Having company or taking a trip is fun, but it's the everyday at home that I love best.

Theresa said...

I will be praying for you and Neal. I know this is not an easy journey. The scripture you wrote is so true!

I, like you, am enjoying making all my stuff with fresh flour too, everything is just so much yummier! :o) I bought some buckwheat groats but have not tried that yet. I am probably the only one in my family who will eat them.

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."