Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day Four, Final Update

Great day!

Off of oxygen for good it seems! Yaah! No more IVs. He only has in his drain tubes and a line in his neck (which he can't WAIT to come out!).

Blood pressure went up again this evening, so he continues with BP medicine. He's fine with that.

We find out about the pacemaker in the morning. Keep praying!

He walked four times today. This was the first day he walked without holding onto a wheelchair or something. The nurse walked by his side, but he was unassisted!

I had some great visits with friends in the waiting room today. Everyone has been so sweet and understanding about not visiting Neal. Our Pastor came by again today. (our church has 8 pastors so our head pastor doesn't do all the visiting) This was his second visit with Neal and I missed both of them! I'm with Neal about 22 out of 24 hours a day, and I missed both of our pastor's visits! I'm sure he didn't think anything of it, but it bothered me!

I guess that's all. Neal will probably move out of ICU tomorrow, and then we're (Neal and I) hoping he'll get to go home Tuesday or Wednesday.

I know it's become cliche, but..."God is good...ALL the time!"

Psalm 62:5-8

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."