Saturday, April 12, 2008

Day Three of Recovery

Neal had a great night! We both slept really well. My good friend Jackie suggested I take some Tylenol PM or something to help me sleep through the hospital noises. I looked through Neal's toiletry bag from home and he had some Advil PM. Great stuff! ;o) I had only had a combined total of 12 hours of sleep for Tuesday night, Wednesday night, and Thursday night. Last night I had about 8! There were several times when I had to get up and help with something or that I was awakened, but I always went right back to sleep. Same with Neal. It was a good restful night.

Right now he's waiting on his walk, on x-rays, and on a visit from the surgeon. We're just going to kick back today and relax.

Gary Lawhorne called with some verses for us to read this morning. I wrote them down in Neal's room, but I think they were Psalm 59:16-17. He read them over the phone and they are good ones. Look 'em up! :o)

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Glad you're both getting some sleep. Sleep is a gift from God to help us heal.

Anonymous said...

Hi Teresa! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I am so glad your husband is doing well. Praise God!! I am going to add your blog to my list of blogs!! Glad to "meet" you! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Teresa - Glad things are going well. We are keeping y'all in our prayers and thoughts. Please tell Neal & kids hello from Watkinsville - Pam

MarshaMarshaMarsha said...

That is wonderful news! And sleep makes a huge world of difference, doesn't it?

Praising God for taking care of Neal and I will be praying for a very speedy recovery (for you both!). :-)

Love,
Marsha

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."