Sunday, April 20, 2008

Homemade Granola Bars

I got this recipe from Kathleen Sullivan last summer and my kids love it. I made a batch the day before we went to the hospital and shared them in the waiting room. A couple of you LOVED them, and wanted the recipe. :o) So I thought I'd share it here:

Line a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick foil
Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Ingredients:

3 cups oatmeal (I used old fashioned)
1 cup puffed rice cereal
1 stick butter, melted
2 Tbsp peanut butter
1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat free)
1 cup mini-chocolate chips (or one cup of raisins, mini-M&M's, etc. or any combination)

In large bowl stir melted butter and peanut butter together until blended. Add oatmeal and cereal. Stir well. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and stir together. Add sweetened condensed milk to all ingredients and mix well. Pour into foil lined pan. Press mixture down firmly (I use wax paper or something on my hands and press it down really hard. This will help it to stay together after you bake it and cut into bars.) **I tossed some M&Ms on top of the bars and pressed them into the top on this last batch.**

Bake at 325 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until brown on top. Let them cool, and then you can take hold of the foil and pull them out. I place them on a chopping board and cut them into bars.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."